At a glance
Type of assessment
Emotional perception, understanding and management
Candidates complete three ability-based, interactive assessments
Improved leadership and customer satisfaction
Improved communication and teamwork
As a measure of emotional intelligence, Emotify is appropriate for any role but is especially important for jobs that require strong interpersonal, collaboration and leadership skills.
Ideal for managers, future leaders, graduate recruitment, sales, customer service and roles that require emotional labour.
Emotify is an ability-based measure of emotional intelligence that assesses a candidate’s ability to accurately perceive, understand, and manage emotions. Emotify emphasises a world-class candidate experience and features engaging, interactive assessments that immerses candidates in typical work life scenarios. Research has shown that emotional intelligence, or EI, is associated with important work outcomes such as interpersonal effectiveness, collaboration and teamwork, motivation, and decision-making.
Emotify provides a state-of-the art interactive and immersive format that’s engaging for candidates, while also motivating them to perform to the best of their ability.
It features three interactive assessments that measure a candidate’s ability to accurately perceive, understand and manage their emotions.
- In Matching Faces, candidates need to quickly identify the emotion displayed on a person’s face. There are 30 rounds with a time limit of 3 seconds per round.
- In Emotional Ties, candidates read a number of everyday situations and predict the types of emotional consequences that may arise as a result. There are 20 rounds with a maximum time limit of 1 minute per round.
- In Emotions in Action, candidates need to indicate the most effective action to take to manage a range of emotions. There are 14 rounds with a maximum time limit of 1 minute per round.
The three interactive assessments in Emotify measure three aspects of emotional intelligence:
- Perceiving Emotion is measured through the Matching Faces assessment - this assessment measures a candidate’s ability to accurately perceive the emotion displayed by others.
- Understanding Emotion is measured through the Emotional Ties assessment - this assessment measures the candidate’s ability to understand emotions.
- Managing Emotion is measured through the Emotions in Action assessment - this assessment measures the ability to manage one’s own emotions, and also the emotions that others may be experiencing.
Emotify provides an overall score percentile. This percentile indicates how the candidate scored in comparison to our global norming group. For example, a percentile ranking of 86 means that an individual scored better than 86% of people who have taken this assessment. The Emotify score is produced from three separate mini assessments: Emotional Ties, Matching Faces, and Emotions in Action. The score reports also provide scores for the three sub scores: Perceiving Emotions, Understanding Emotions, and Managing Emotions.
The three interactive assessments provide a rich, immersive experience for candidates. Clean designs and a flawless user experience combine to create an experience appropriate for any age, role and industry. Candidate engagement is increased by providing real time, in-game feedback that indicates to the candidate how they are performing as they move through the tasks. Candidates can take Emotify on any device, and the assessment takes just 20 minutes to complete.
Get an overview of the Emotify assessment.
View the sample report available for the Emotify assessment.
A guide for interpreting the Emotify Score Report.
You can choose to send candidates a feedback report once they complete Emotify.
Get detailed information including the candidate experience and validity information on Emotify.
Watch the video on interpreting the Emotify score report
View case studies where Emotify helped organisations improve their recruitment process.
View the answers to some common questions about Emotify.