Adding Your Content to the Video Interview Library
Within the Criteria platform, to add custom content to your Video Interview Library, you must first create a video interview template. Click here to learn how.
Find the video walkthrough here.
Once you have opened up the Library, click Add New to create new questions and messages.
When creating Library content, you can record yourself (or a colleague) asking the question or delivering the message to your candidates. If you would prefer not to do this, questions and messages can be presented in written format. For questions, you can select whether candidates are to respond via video or provide a written response.
Questions in text format
If you do not want to record yourself asking a question, you can include written questions for your candidates to respond to instead.
- Within the video interview template, click Add From Library, then click Add New from within the Custom tab.
- Complete the required information.
- Question: Enter in the exact text of the question you wish the candidate to see.
- Include additional information: Toggle this on if there is additional information you are providing the candidate. For example, additional instructions about the question.
- Include attachment(s): Toggle this on to include an attachment for the candidate to review. The maximum file size is 20MB.
- Include an evaluation guide: Toggle this on to include a guide for evaluators to assess candidates' responses. This will not be visible to candidates.
- Category: Select an available category from the dropdown list or create your own, making your content easier to find. To create your own category, click General Questions and start typing in the Custom field. Click Enter to create the new category.
- Response Type: The default ‘Response type’ is ‘Video’, meaning the candidate will be answering the question by recording their answer on camera. The other available option is ‘Written’ which allows you to capture a written response only from the candidate.
- Once you are happy the content and options you’ve selected, click Create and your question will be added to the Custom Library. Once you receive a confirmation that the template has been saved, you can click the cross in the top right corner of the modal to close it.
Messages in text format
Creating a message is similar to creating a question.
- Within the video interview template, click Add From Library, then click Add New from within the Messages tab.
- Complete the required information.
- Title: This will be the title of your message, for example "Welcome to your Video Interview".
- Message: Here you can add additional information, such as instructions or an overview of what candidates will be asked to complete. The Message section is HTML enabled.
- Once you are happy the content, click Create and your message will be added to the Messages Library.
Adding your own pre-recorded content to the Library
For both questions and messages, you can add a recording. Video questions need to be pre-recorded and uploaded in the video interview template modal. The media files need to be in mp4 format.
Questions and messages can be recorded using your laptop, desktop with a webcam, or mobile device; they can be recorded via Zoom, Teams or by following the instructions below.
Windows based laptop or desktop with webcam
- Open the camera app. Click here to view a Microsoft Help article regarding this step.
- When you are ready to ask the question or record your message, look directly at the camera and click Video.
- Ask your question or present your message, then click Video again to finish recording. Ensure you repeat this process for each individual question, that is one question or message per file.
- To see your video, or ones you've taken before, select Start > Photos .
- Save files to your desktop.
Mobile device (iPhone, Android device)
- Prop up device to ensure the camera angle is suitable. Please do not hold the device as it will be extremely distracting for the candidate watching.
- When you are ready to ask the question or record your message, looking directly at the camera click Record.
- Ask your question or present your message, then click Record again to finish recording. Ensure you repeat this process for each individual question, that is one question or message per file.
- You may need to edit the beginning and end of the recording to remove the hand coming into shot to press record. This feature is available in Apple and Android devices. Please click on the link below for instructions for each type of device.
How to edit videos on your iPhone, iPad
- Once you have recorded your question, email the file to yourself so that you can save to your desktop.
Add the files to your video interview library
To add the files you have recorded, follow steps above to create a new question or new message.
- In the Video Question or Video Message, click Upload.
- A search box will appear, which will allow you to locate and upload your previously pre-recorded question.
- Once you are happy the content and options you’ve selected, click Create and your question or message will be added to the Library.
Select questions in your Video Interview Library to build a video interview template and create a custom email template to invite your candidates to complete a video interview.
Click here to view more information about using video interviews.