Evaluating Candidate Video Interviews
Once your candidates have completed the video interviews you have invited them to do, you can now review their responses.
There are two places in your Criteria account where you can access your candidates' video interview responses and evaluate them: Dashboard and Results.
Accessing Video Interview Responses via Dashboard
On your Dashboard page are two tabs:
- Incoming Candidates shows candidates who have recently completed assessments for you.
- Video Interview Candidates shows candidates who have recently completed their video interview for you.
- Click on the Video Interview Candidates tab to view a list of candidates who have recently completed their video interview. If any evaluations are pending, this will be indicated by a number next to the tab heading. For example, if 1 evaluation is pending, 1 appears to the right of Video Interview Candidates. You will only be able to see candidates who are to be evaluated for a job where you have been assigned as an evaluator.
- Candidates whose video interview responses have been evaluated will have a status of Evaluated. Click See Scores to view the candidate's scores for the video interview.
- Candidates whose video interview responses have not yet been evaluated will have a status of Pending. Click Evaluate to open the modal and rate the candidate's responses. Unless you have chosen to hide candidate feedback comments in your job settings, these will appear at the top of the screen.
- Question and response: Click Play to view the candidate's response to each question. The question is displayed above the video so you know what the candidate is responding to. By clicking in the bottom right-hand corner, you can speed up or slow down the video playback. Speeding up the playback might be useful if you have a large number of video interviews to review.
- Rating and Comments: To the right of each question, select a rating of 1 to 5 stars for the candidate's response and add a comment. The optional Evaluation Guide is displayed here.
- Final Comments: Beneath the last question recording for the interview, enter some notes into Final Comments on your impression of the candidate along with any other comments.
- Recommendation: Select your overall Recommendation rating for the candidate, based on their interview responses: Yes, No or Maybe.
- Finish Evaluating: Once you have completed all required fields, the Finish Evaluating button will become available. You will be able to return and view the candidate's video responses again later if you need to (via the Results tab), however, we recommend entering some detailed notes regarding your impressions of the candidate to provide yourself with a reminder about the candidate later.
- Any notes or ratings, including the overall Recommendation, cannot be changed once you have submitted your evaluation. If you wish to think about your responses to the candidate's video interview, we suggest adding your initial impressions but not clicking the Finish Evaluating button until you are ready. You can return to the evaluation screen at any time until you have submitted it.
- If multiple reviewers are required to evaluate the candidate's video interview, the final reviewer will see a Submit & Finish Evaluating button. Once clicked, the candidate's evaluation scores will be viewable in the candidate card.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click OK.
- The video interview results modal will show the submission time and an option to re-evaluate the candidate's responses. Once you close the modal, that option will no longer be available. Click the cross in the top right corner of the modal to close it.
Accessing Video Interview Responses via Results
- To view all the candidates you have invited to complete a video interview and evaluate their responses, locate the job in your Criteria account and click on it. This will take you to the Results screen for the job.
- Click on the pipeline stage that contains the video interviewing step.
- Click on each tab in the Video Interview Status section to view the candidates who have been Invited, are In Progress or have Completed their interview.
- If the candidate has completed and all required evaluators have submitted their reviews, the candidate's scores will be visible. If the required evaluations have not all been completed, users will see a dash for the score and the status will be Pending, rather than Completed. (In our example job above, only one evaluation is required.)
- Click on the Video Interview tab in the candidate card, then click Evaluators to view a list of the evaluators and the status of their review.
- Click on Summary to view the Total Score, which is a percentage based on the scores across all evaluators.
- Click on Score to view the scores, comments and recommendations per evaluator.
- If you have not submitted your evaluation of the candidate's responses to the video interview, a blue Evaluate Interview button is visible in the Video Interview tab in the candidate card. Click Evaluate Interview to open the same evaluation modal described above.
- Depending on your user role type, you may have access to view the evaluations posted by other reviewers before all the required evaluations are completed. This will appear in the Score tab under Video Interview in the candidate card. We recommend not looking at other reviewer's ratings and remarks until you have completed your own evaluation, to help prevent unconscious bias affecting your impressions of the candidate.
- The collaborator type of user will only see dashes and no evaluator comments in this section until all evaluations are complete and the scores have been posted.
Reviewing evaluated responses
Once you have submitted your evaluation of the candidate's responses to the video interview, you can review their responses by clicking Review Responses in the Video Interview tab on the candidate card. You will not be able to change the ratings or comments you have entered.
You can share your preferred candidates' video interview responses with hiring managers and generate reports on your candidates' video interview results.
Click here to view more information about using video interviews.